Bartra welcomes the decision by An Bord Pleanála to approve planning permission for the redevelopment of the former O’Devaney Gardens site adjacent to The Phoenix Park in Dublin 7. We are looking forward to progressing with the development and delivering 522 social and affordable homes, and a further 522 private homes. This development will also encompass two new parks, dedicated cultural and community spaces, shops, a café and a crèche, enabling us to build a sustainable, enterprising community that stimulates a thriving local economy, and meets the needs of future residents.
We will now commence preparations for construction before the end of 2021, and it is estimated that construction will continue onsite until mid-2025. Over 400 jobs will be created during the construction phase and we will be working with the main contractor to recruit locally for both full time positions and apprenticeship opportunities. When the development is completed there will be ongoing employment opportunities across retail, hospitality, maintenance, and services.
• 1,044 A-rated social, affordable, and private homes
• 2 acres of landscaped parkland
• New playgrounds and a purpose built Multi Use Games Area (MUGA)
• A new crèche
• Dedicated cultural and community spaces
• A new tree lined high street boulevard with restaurants, shops and cafes
• 276 car parking spaces
• Car sharing hub
• 2,000 bicycle parking spaces